Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 24: Where I live

I decided to not take this one literally. I could easily describe my little town and my house, but I decided that instead I'll write about where I've lived for the last 4 days.

I live in 18 square feet of sheet and blanket covered bliss. That's what I figure my half of the bed is. My entire world consists of 3 remote controls, a television, a blu-ray player, my alarm clock, a box of kleenex, and my ever present water glass (complete with flexi-straw.) Propped up on my pillows so that I don't get too stuffed up, I sleepily watch Bones, or Days of Our Lives, or whatever I find on TV. I nap off and on, I wake up when I have drooled too much and need to roll over and find a dry spot on the pillow. Sadly, unlike most people, I can't just flip the pillow when it gets too drooly. This is because of "Blue Drooly." Blue Drooly is my special pillow that is supposed to keep me from sleeping on my left side. It's actually called a "Snoogle" and it's a pregnancy pillow, but I learned from borrowing my sister's that it really helps me get comfortable and stay on my back. Well at least for a time, I'm too stubborn to stay off my left side for too long. But I digress... Anyway Blue Drooly is somewhat C shaped, so so it can't just be flipped.

On the floor next to my bed is a paper grocery bag that is my kleenex trash can. My regular trash can is really full and I just don't have the energy to take it downstairs and empty it. So I brought my couch trash bag upstairs with me. And on the floor next to that are some other miscellaneous objects. A pair of pajamas that I traded in for a much cooler night-shirt last night, my slippers, and whatever I've knocked off my over-crowded nightstand.

When I wake up in the morning, I go down to the couch, so as not to disturb my sleeping hubby, and as soon as he wakes up, I move back to my little world. This morning I branched out and just went across the hall to our guest room, and took my dog with me. We spent all morning happily ensconced there until I got up to go to the doctor. Then as soon as I got home, we crawled back in. Now that the hubby is at work, I'm back in my little world and am watching Julie & Julia which is actually what made me want to blog in the first place.

The amazing potion, er, cough syrup that my doctor prescribed is kicking in and I'm getting sleepy... very sleeeeeeepeeeeeee......

No comments:

Post a Comment