Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 5: A Favorite Quote

Oh boy, a favorite quote... There are several that come to mind. I'm trying to draw the distinction between a quote and an expression. A quote is something that can be attributed to someone instead of just a throw off expression used to sum up a situation. A favorite expression of mine is "Busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest." That's easy enough.

It's harder for me to come up with a quote because I feel like it should be something deep and profound. There are several quotes that I use as email signatures, or as a reference when someone is looking for favorite quotes.

I think that probably my favorite is "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." That is a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson.

I think that these are very wise words to live by, because as we all know, life is short and fragile. We have no control over anything that happens, and so often when someone is lost quickly or unexpectedly, we are left with regrets over things that should or shouldn't have been said or done.

I don't have much more to say about this one, other than this is how I try to live my life. Sometimes I succeed. Sometimes I fail. But I'm always trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment