Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 3: A Favorite TV Program

Ok, so I know I'm a day late with this, but yesterday was Sunday. Not that I think blogging on Sunday is a sin, but I was busy doing other things, like knitting and watching the Packers win the Superbowl!! (YAY!!!)

As you may have noticed from Day 1 and Day 2, picking just one favorite is not something that I can easily do.

I have had many favorite TV programs for many different reasons. Gilmore Girls will always rank up there in my favorites because I thought it was such a witty show. One of my all-time favorite lines from that show: Emily - "Lorelai, you scared me half to death!" Lorelai - "Well follow through has never been my strong point." THAT is funny, I don't care who you are!!

As cheesy as it may seem, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is another favorite because it had some of the funniest moments I've ever seen. I own all 7 seasons of this on DVD and will pull it out occasionally and just laugh and laugh.

As far as shows still currently on the air, my favorites would have to be Castle, and Bones. I have not actually watched Bones on live TV, just on Netflix, but it is still a current show, so it counts.

Castle delights me weekly, and I still laugh out loud when I think of Detective Ryan looking at the poster of Castle and saying, "He really is ruggedly handsome!" And of course one of my favorite Bones lines will always be, "Jesus wasn't a zombie, Bones. I shouldn't have to tell you that!"

I know that I watch WAY too much TV and that's probably why I can't narrow it down any more than this, but I still manage to find some intelligently written shows out there in the sea of reality (yeah right, reality) garbage and animated monstrosities that pass as acceptable because they are animated.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on Castle as you already know... and I love that line also. You gotta try watching Parenthood if you haven't already. Great writing and Lauren Graham from Gilmore Girls is in it and she's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes..Parenthood is great! And I adore Castle..as much as I want them to get together they better not as it will ruin the whole darn show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like Parenthood a lot too! I've been watching it from the get-go. But there is one thing that keeps it from making the "favorites" cut for the blog... They really need to work on the actress who plays Haddie. I can't stand how she starts out every sentence with "I mean."

    ReplyDelete