Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 20: A Hobby

I don't have a lot of hobbies. Or at least I don't think I do. I like to knit. And as I've said before, I wish I was better at it, and I know that if I keep up with it, I'll get there.

I also like to scrapbook. Again, not that great at it, but I enjoy the outcome. The problem is that scrapbooking is a lot of work, and I have to haul out the totes full of stuff, and then there's the clean-up, and for some reason, I always seem to work on my scrapbook while sitting on the floor. Then when I stand up, I hobble around unable to fully straighten my legs, or stand up straight for several minutes. You would think that I would learn, and work on it at a table, but no... every single time.

Another hobby of mine is blogging, which dovetails nicely with this day's topic, no? I enjoy sitting down and letting my thoughts come tumbling out of my head, down through my fingers and onto the screen. I like seeing it all in black and white, and being able to rearrange it so that it makes a little bit of sense (at least to me). And I like the feeling of peace once the troubling thoughts are out of my head. Expressing them in writing really helps me to feel better when things are bothering me.

And if along the way I can entertain someone, that's just icing on the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment