Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 17: An Art Piece

I'm not into art. At all. I took one quarter of art class in 8th grade and barely scraped a C. I had straight A's except for that class. I'm not good at drawing, I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler. I can't paint, and my attempts with clay? Well, lets just say that if anyone ever breaks into my parents' house, all they have to do is chuck the "mug" I made at the intruder, and it would probably kill them. It weighs about 63 pounds, and is about 1 1/2" tall.

Clearly art was not meant to be my subject. At Parent/Teacher Conferences that quarter my father didn't score any points with my art teacher when the teacher said, "She just has a mental block, she doesn't think she can do it, so she doesn't really try." My father showed him my report card and said, "Look at these grades. She's got A's in every other subject. She can buy art!"

And sadly, I don't even really have an appreciation for art. I don't like abstract paintings, I just don't get them. I don't really like Monet because it just looks blurry to me.

I think that if I were to pick a favorite piece of art, it would have to be "Starry Night." I like that one. It doesn't really speak to me or anything. I mean, how creepy would it be if it did? I'd be walking by and some painting would be like, "Psst... hey you, yeah you. Go get me a Snickers, I've been hanging on this wall forever, and I'm starving."

I just like the way it looks. No real reason.

So, um, yeah... that's about it for me and art.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaaa Love it! Same here..mine was my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, you should check out The Magpie by Monet. I've never been into the blurry impressionalists either, but I really like that one.

    ReplyDelete