Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 14: A Non Fiction Book

This one is actually a little harder for me because I read so many fictional books, and I don't read a lot of non-fiction.

I think that I will have to focus on "Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement."

This book came into my home after a particularly difficult case that Matt had to work. The reserve officer who worked this case with him was having such a difficult time that the two of them went and saw the Support Officers who gave them each a copy of this book.

It is written by a man named Kevin Gilmartin, and this is one very smart man. He has a background in law enforcement and so he understands what he is writing about. I started reading this book and immediately many things started becoming clearer to me.

It explains the every day things that LE families deal with, and explains why they happen. I can't explain it better than that, and if you are not in a LE family then it wouldn't be a thrilling read. But I think that it should be required reading for all new cops, and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment