Friday, March 26, 2010

All Aboard!!!

Welcome to my train of thought. At times it's much like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride... there's no controlling which way it goes, or why. Sometimes it even amazes me. So, if you're looking for a way to escape for a few minutes and read my ramblings... then by all means, enjoy! You'll probably end up thinking, "Wow, she really is crazy!" but that's ok. I already knew that. :-)

So, that introduction having been made, let's get on board with a few random thoughts that have been buzzing around my brain lately...

Why do movies always have “romantic” scenes with the people sitting on the floor in front of a couch? That’s not realistic at all. I don’t know about the rest of you, but when I sit on the floor for more than a couple of minutes, when I get up, my legs hurt. My knees creak and crack, I hobble around all bent over for a minute while I’m trying to fight through the pain shooting down my legs. And I’m only 33. I was watching a movie last weekend where both actors involved in this scene were in their 50’s. I highly doubt that when she said, “I’ll get us more wine” that she really just got right to her feet and walked into the kitchen. I’m guessing that’s why the camera was on his face while she hobbled off in tears to get more wine.

This came to mind a few days ago when I was watching the movie, but then I was reminded of it a little while ago when I was filing contracts at work, and I crouched down next to the bottom drawer of my file cabinet for about a minute and my legs protested quite loudly when I stood up again.

1 comment: